On March 24, 2022, the USVF launched the Social Enterprises for Emergency, aimed at supporting the activities of social enterprises during the war.
Out of more than 150 applications, the expert committee selected 13 social enterprises to support:
1. Social sewing shop "Crazy Needle" (Derevnya village, Lviv region)
2. Social enterprise "It’s Craft" (Nova Kakhovka / Uman)
3. Social charity shop "BLAGODAT" (Ternopil)
4. Social enterprise "InvaFishki" (Kyiv / Lviv)
5. Social Enterprise Museum in the Dark "Three After Midnight" (Kyiv / Lviv)"
6.Community of mutual aid "Emmaus-Oselya" (Lviv)
7. Social enterprise "Good Bread from Good People" (Kyiv)
8. Social café Horisontal', bakery MAMA 1 (Dnipro)
9. Social enterprise "Ba&Di Club" (Ivano-Frankivsk)
10. Social enterprise "Art-coworking" (Kramatorsk / Dnipro)
11. Social enterprise Woodluck (Lviv)
12. Social cafe "Vitania" (Drohobych)
13. Social enterprise "Turklub Manivtsi" (Lviv)
The selected enterprises continue to operate,scale and develop existing or new products and services that meet the requirements of the time. They create new jobs, pay taxes and inspire others to take action.
Our main expectation is that thanks to the support of the fund, all selected enterprises will be able to adapt to martial law and strengthen their commercial potential.
Within this competition, social entrepreneurs receive smart grants in the amount of 100,000 to 300,000 UAH to develop their business and increase social impact!
Support is provided under the “Collaborate for Impact” project, which is implemented in partnership with EVPA and with the support of DG NEAR EU Programme. The project aims to support and develop social entrepreneurship ecosystems in the Eastern Partnership countries. The main project partners in Ukraine are SILab Ukraine and the Ukrainian Social Venture Fund.